A 4K, 16mm film texture pack for video and design.
There’s something special about the imperfections of motion picture film. But, not every project can justify shooting on celluloid. So, here’s your solution: a whole pack of imperfections, just the cutting room floor, just the grungy flickering magic of mistakes.
Get real 16mm, 4K+ scans of light leaks, dust, scratches, and ends of the roll—perfect for adding vintage atmosphere to video projects, design work, and motion graphics. Includes both MP4 versions, PNG stills, and a giant ProRes 4444 version.
THE STORY BEHIND THE PACK
In the fall of 2019, our partner creator, Fred Sprinkle, shot a short film on 16mm Kodak film with a 70 year old Bolex motion picture camera. When he was done burning through 800 feet of film, he sent it to Boston to have each little frame of celluloid scanned at 4904x3280. The result was about 30 minutes of beautiful footage of dancer and actor Ekeobong Utibe. But, hidden among these elegant clips was a treasure of a different kind. At the beginning and end of each roll of film there were about five to ten seconds of chaos: light pollution, scratches, flickers, and mistakes. In a word: magic. Fred felt like it wasn’t fair keeping those to himself, so here it is, all the orphans of chaos, spliced together, waiting for a new home in your next project.
EASY TO FOLLOW TUTORIALS
If all this film talk sounds a bit overwhelming, no worries, this pack also comes with tutorials for using these textures in After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and DaVinci Resolve.
We're happy to have partnered with Fred Sprinkle, a director and motion designer based in Los Angeles and Washington state, on this pack.
- 1- The Big One - 30 seconds of spliced, but not looped film texture clips (4904 x 3280, ProRes 4444, 6.7GB)
- 1 - One minute spliced and looped textures (4K UHD 16x9 MP4)
- 1 - One minute spliced and looped textures with grain (4K UHD 16x9 MP4)
- 1 - One minute original aspect ratio spliced and looped textures (4904 x 3280 MP4)
- 1 - 4K one minute grain clip (4K UHD MP4)
- 1 - 4K 15 second grain clip (4K UHD ProRes)
- 5 - Unspliced 16mm stock footage clips (4904 x 3280 MP4)
- 7 - Unspliced 16mm texture clips (4904 x 3280 MP4)
- 12 - PNG stills of selected 16mm film texture, scratches, and light leaks (4904 x 3280)
- 3 - Tutorials for After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, and Resolve (HD MP4)
LOOKING FOR MORE?
Get every abstract product in our shop (plus future abstract products for free) at a huge discount with the CHROMA SUPPLY SUBSCRIPTION.